Take Home A Piece Of Takeno
Create your very own Takeno Beach by creating a gel candle using sand, sea glass, and shells!
The sea glass and shells used to make your own candle are found right here on the shores of Takeno!
This is a great activity for all ages, and comes with an explanation in English.
Create Your Own Unique Design
Begin by searching Takeno Beach for your own shells!
After returning from the beach, start filling the bottom of your candle jar with sand, and then begin placing your favorite shells and other decorations on top.
Once your design is finished, staff will fill the rest of your candle jar with warm gel!
After 15 to 20 minutes, the gel will be hardened and your candle will be ready to take home!
- REGISTRATION START
- RESERVATION DEADLINE
- 5 days before activity
- ACTIVITY OPTIONS
- 10:00 plan
- 13:00 plan
(Some times may differ)
Required time from start to finish: 2 hours
1) Arrive at Takeno Children's Experience Village
2) Go to Takeno Beach and collect sea shells
3) Receive candle-making explanation materials written in English
4) Tape a name tag on your candle jar and place a candle wick at the bottom of the jar using tweezers
5) Create your own candle design using sand, sea shells, sea glass, etc.
6) Allow staff to pour warm gel into the candle jar
7) Wait for the gel to harden, and bring your candle home!
- ACCOMPANYING GUIDE
(INCLUDED OR NOT)
- Not Included
- MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE
- AGE REQUIREMENT
- 3 years old and up
- MEETING PLACE
- Takeno Children's Experience Village
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Those arriving by car during the months of July and August are required to pay a parking fee of 2,000 yen upon arrival.
During the warmer months, the parking lot may be filled due to the swimming season.
- MUST READ NOTES
- Please wear clothing you do not mind getting dirty.
(Per person unless otherwise noted)
Number of People Participating in Total Price per Person (3 years and older) 2+ people 1,100 yen
- INCLUDED IN THE PRICING
- Participation fee, materials fee, insurance fee (for residents of Japan)
- CANCELLATION FEES
Day of Cancellation Cancellation Fee (% of activity price) Same day 100% Day before activity 50% 2-7 days before activity 30% 8+ days before activity 0%
- ACCEPTED PAYMENT TYPES
- Pay by credit card (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, DC) via an activity confirmation link in an e-mail that we will send to you following your reservation.
- OPERATOR NAME
- Takeno Tourism Association (Takeno Children's Experience Village)