An array of seafood dishes and platters
Sashimi & Seafood Rice Bowls
Sashimi & seafood rice bowls are just as the name suggests, sashimi or various seafood toppings on top of a bowl of white rice.
Choose from our different kinds of seafood bowls with various available toppings and types of fish that vary by season and daily.
Some of Okesho’s sashimi rice bowls:
-Sashimi rice bowl with 11 kinds of seafood (*seafood changes by season and daily) (pictured top, left)
-Sweet shrimp bowl (pictured top, right)
-Squid bowl (pictured bottom, left)
-Tempura bowl with side salad (pictured bottom, right)
-Sea urchin & shrimp bowl
-Sea urchin & crab bowl
-Ikura (salmon roe) bowl
-Raw sea urchin bowl
Kinosaki is famous for its crab cuisine during the winter months. At Okesho you can enjoy crab all year round.
For groups of 2 or more you can also choose to order the crab full course or hot pot. This is portioned for 2 or more people.
Some popular crab dishes from the menu are:
– Crab rice porridge
– Crab and egg rice bowl (pictured bottom, left)
– Grilled crab (pictured bottom, right)
– Crab sashimi
– Crab full course (pictured top)
Mini Kaiseki Course Meals
Course meals are for 2 people or more, and require reservations at least 2 days in advance.
The mini kaiseki course meal has 7 different dishes. Each dish item is open to change depending on the current season and what it is available.
The dishes that are typically included are:
-Small hot pot
Direct from the market to your plate
Choose from any one of the fresh fish on sale at the market on the first floor and Okesho will prepare and serve it to you upstairs in their dining area. Shop at the market and choose any fish or other seafood item that appeals to you, and then let a staff member know how you would like to have it prepared at the restaurant upstairs. You can have it baked, grilled, sashimi style, or any other way that you prefer.
Note that there is a cooking fee added to the market price. Fish will run you about twice the regular price and Matsuba (snow crab) will have a 30-40% extra cooking fee.
Okesho handpicks their crab direct from the fishing port.
Side menu of fish tempura.
Sample of a kids plate.
Information listed below was last updated 04/2021 and is subject to change. Contact the business directly for updated information. Note, most businesses can only speak Japanese.
- Business Name
- OKESHO FISH MARKET & RESTAURANT
- Restaurant Type
- Japanese, Seafood, Restaurant
- Business Hours
11:00 am - 7:00 pm (Last order 6:00) pm
STATION FRONT SHOP:
10:00 am - 6:00 pm (Last order 5:00) pm
- Holidays / Closed
- MAIN STORE: January 1st & 2nd STATION FRONT SHOP: Irregular holidays
132 Yushima, Kinosaki-cho, Toyooka-shi, Hyogo Pref.
STATION FRONT SHOP:
89 Yushima, Kinosaki-cho, Toyooka-shi, Hyogo Pref.
- Average Price Range
From about 1,000yen
**NOTE: Menu prices are subject to change due to availability.
- Payment Accepted
- Cash / Credit Card
- Distance from_Station
- About 130m(Station Front Store) & about 220m(Main Store)
- Japanese style interior, casual
- Number of Seats
- MAIN STORE: 63 seats STATION FRONT SHOP: 140 seats
- Private Dining Rooms
- Smoking / Non-smoking
- All seats - Non Smoking
- Space / Facilities
- Floor and table seating
- Available (Last order for each shop is 1 hour before close)
- Course / Sets
- (1) Local Seafood Meal Set (2,700 yen / person) Appetizer, sashimi, fried dish, rice dish, pickled vegetables, soup (2) Chef's Choice Meal Set (3,800 yen / person) Appetizer, sashimi, fried dish, sushi, soup (3) Mini Kaiseki (banquet) Course (7 courses) (4,110 yen / person) Appetizer, fried dish, sashimi, plated dish, vinegared dish, small hot pot, grilled dish, rice, pickled vegetables, soup **NOTE: Menu prices are subject to change due to availability.
- Beer, Japanese sake, shōchū. Alcohol-free beer is also available.
- -Seafood rice bowl (with 11 different toppings) -Full crab course (7 dishes) (available only during winter from Nov. to March)
- Menu Languages
- Japanese / English /Chinese
- Please use one of the public pay parking lots nearby
Okesho was established in 1925 when the grandmother of the current owner began selling fish to support the family after her husband was lost in the Great Northern Tajima Earthquake that devastated the region.
Nearly 100 years later the company still thrives thanks to the knowledge, skills and techniques handed down through the years. Okesho offers fresh catches brought in every morning and evening.