Go on a Snowshoe Adventure in Kannabe Highlands!!!
Try snowshoeing with Kannabe Nature School this winter! Head to the top of Mt. Kannabe, an extinct volcano with a giant crater, with a local guide and enjoy a warm snack while overlooking the Kannabe Highlands.
With the coming of winter comes freshly fallen snow. This activity is for those who find snowboarding and skiing a bit difficult, or for those who just want to have this unique experience! Fun and easy for all ages and a great way to enjoy the outdoors at a leisurely pace.
Go snowshoeing in the Kannabe Highlands, a small mountain town located in Hidaka, one of Toyooka's 6 towns. Surrounded by mountains and open fields under a spacious sky that fills with stars at night, the lack of city lights makes them shine bright.
In Kannabe you will find the crater of the Kansai region’s youngest, but extinct, volcano. The geological features of this volcano allow locals to ski and snowshoe down it. Its soil is made of volcanic ash and is used for upland farming, and old lava tunnels are used as natural refrigerators by local farmers to store their crops. Don't miss out on checking out this interesting local sight! *This tour might be cancelled if there is not enough snow for snowshoeing.
- REGISTRATION START
- REGISTRATION ENDS
- RESERVATION DEADLINE
- 7 days in advance by noon
- ACTIVITY OPTIONS
- Morning Course (9:30-12:00)
- Afternoon Course (13:30-16:00)
(Some times may differ)
- If going via Kinosaki Onsen Station, take the train to Ebara Station. From there, take a city bus to the bus stop called, Kannabe-Onsen-Yutorogi-Mae (神鍋温泉ゆとろぎ前). From Kannabe-Onsen-Yutorogi-Mae bus stop, it is a 20-minute walk to cafe&kitchen AgriGarden. If you prefer to drive, you can make a reservation for a rental car here.
- ACCOMPANYING GUIDE
(INCLUDED OR NOT)
- MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE
- MEETING PLACE
- cafe&kitchen AgriGarden, 159-10 Hidakacho Tada, Toyooka, Hyogo 669-5371
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
What to Wear:
Warm Clothing and shoes (no heels)
What to Bring:
Travel insurance documents (if you have any)
(Per person unless otherwise noted)
Number of People Participating in Total Price per Adult (16 years old and up) Price per Child (15 years old and under) 2-12 people 7,500 yen 6,500 yen
- INCLUDED IN THE PRICING
- Activity fee, equipment fee, waterproof wear (for participants between 120 cm to 185 cm), insurance fee, and snack.
- CANCELLATION FEES
Day of Cancellation Cancellation Fee (% of activity price) The day of 100% The day before 50% 2-7 days before 20% 8+ days before 0%
- ACCEPTED PAYMENT TYPES
- Pay by credit card (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, DC) via an activity confirmation link in an e-mail that we will send to you following your reservation. Please pay the amount by 3 days prior to the activity at the latest. If not paid by then, the activity reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- OPERATOR NAME
- Kannabe Nature School