Kayak on crystal-clear waters in the Sea of Japan and explore the coastline!
Sea Kayaking, known locally as Geo-canoe, is a popular activity in the seaside town of Takeno. Paddle out into the Sea of Japan, exploring the coastline. A certified instructor will be there to guide you. All instructors take a high-level lifesaving course and go through special training every season.
The legend behind Monster Cave goes as follows. There once was an ogre who came to the coast and saw a part of it that he wanted to take back to his birthplace. So, he took his staff and smashed out a piece of the coastline. The Sea God was not happy when he saw what the ogre had done. Thus he dragged the ogre out into the sea as punishment. Nowadays, you can still see the fallen rocks near the cave where the ogre tried to steal a piece of the coast for himself.
- REGISTRATION START
- REGISTRATION ENDS
- RESERVATION DEADLINE
- 7 days before activity
- ACTIVITY OPTIONS
- 8:30 Course
- 10:30 Course
- 13:30 Course
- 15:30 Course
(Some times may differ)
(Approx 2 hours)
1) Arrive at beach after being picked up from JR Takeno Station
2) Sign insurance form
3) Change clothes and purchase rentals if needed
4) Go to the water and choose a boat
5) Warm-up exercises and paddling practices
6) Practice in the water
7) Go out to the wave breakers and circle them
8) Head over to Monster Cave (made by an ogre according to legend)
9) If there is time left, paddle to another location
10) Head back to the beach
- ACCOMPANYING GUIDE
(INCLUDED OR NOT)
- MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE
- AGE REQUIREMENT
- must be 9 years or older
- MEETING PLACE
- JR Takeno Station (Takeno-cho Kusakai, Toyooka-shi, Hyogo 〒669-6201)
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Outside of JR Takeno Station
-A car from the sea kayak company will come to pick you up. Arrive at the station before your course start time. Please do not be late!
Rental Fees (not included in activity fees):
100 yen per Item - Sunglasses band, Gloves
300 yen per Item - Hat・Shoes・Surf jersey・Surf pants・Short・Leggings
1000 yen - All Above Items Set
Required Items (Sea Kayaking is not permitted without these items):
SHOES and HAT
-Sneakers, deck shoes or crocs are OK! No socks or flip-flops!
-A hat with a brim and string is preferable. A baseball cap is OK.
Sunscreen lotion, Sunglasses, Gloves
- MUST READ NOTES
-In the case of inclement weather, the activity may be cancelled
-Accident insurance, life jacket, sports drink, picture taking will be provided
-Reservations accepted up to 3 days in advance by noon
(Per person unless otherwise noted)
Number of People Participating in Total Price per Adult (9 years or older) 2-6 people 7,500 yen
- CANCELLATION FEES
Day of Cancellation Cancellation Fee (% of activity price) The day of 100% The day before 50% 2-7 days before 20% 8+ days before 0%
- ACCEPTED PAYMENT TYPES
- Pay by credit card (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, DC) via an activity confirmation link in an e-mail that we will send to you following your reservation. Please pay the amount by 3 days prior to the activity at the latest. If not paid by then, the activity reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- OPERATOR NAME
- Mother Earth