Unique Japanese-style dining restaurant
The Tajima region is blessed with rich soil, bountiful seas, and pristine waters – providing an array of culinary delights that Sanpou sources fresh and direct from local producers. Craftsmen chefs carefully work with these ingredients to guarantee each meal is made fresh daily, bringing out the richest flavors. Sanpou Nishimuraya features local specialties such as artisanal rice from nearby Kami-cho grown using traditional methods, fresh wasabi grown at the foot of the mountains of Hidaka, and sweet salmon from the waters of the Kannabe Highlands.
* featured ingredients subject to menu & availability
Three classes of dinner menus and a Vegan dinner menu are available year round. Matsuba crab menu is available during Winter. The menu contents always reflect one of Kinosaki Onsen’s distinct four seasons: Spring (April-June), Summer (July-August), Autumn (September-October) and Winter (November-March). Sanpou Nishimuraya is committed and proud to source from local, independent growers – ensuring the freshest, most original and purely local tastes. Dinner course menu prices start from 7,000 JPY (tax excluded) per person.
Dinner course menus
* Advanced reservations required / Online booking on restaurant web site avail.
* Dinner start times: 18:00 / 19:00 / 20:00
* Requested start time may not be available due to prior bookings or menu service time requirements.
* All guests must order same menu (except Vegan menu)
* Child menu available / 3,000 (tax excl.) / minimum 3 days advance order
* Course menu day-of reservation not possible.
* For day-of guests, an a la carte menu is available (no vegan options).
Enjoy a vareity of fine sakes carefully selected to match with the seasonal cuisine of your dinner (must be ordered with dinner).
Regular size (30~50cc / sake)
3,000 yen (excluding tax)
Large size (60~80cc)
5,000 yen (excluding tax)
Lunch course menus
Sanpou Nishimuraya also offers lunch from 11:00 to 14:30 (last order 13:30).
Online reservation for lunch available on restaurant web site.
Vegetarian and vegan cuisine
Sanpou is proud to feature traditional Japanese vegetarian & gluten-free dinner course menu, also known as “shojin ryori”. The menu is vegan. You will find many original dishes that use seasonal and locally grown vegetables, herb and edible wild plants. Akabana-soba noodles, grilled young bamboo root, sesame tofu, persimmon rice cakes and soybean soup are just some of the new tastes you may encounter. NOTE: vegan dinner menu available by direct, advance inquiry only (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Gift shop and salon lounge
A sample from the seasonal menu
A sample from the seasonal menu
Open kitchen & restaurant
Enquiries in English are also accepted (by phone or email).
Information listed below was last updated 03/2023 and is subject to change. Contact the business directly for updated information.
- Business Name
- Sanpou Nishimuraya Honten
- Restaurant Type
- Japanese-style, charcoal-grilled, seafood, vegetarian
- Business Hours
Dinner: 18:00 - 22:15 (L.O. 21:30)
Lunch: 11:00 - 14:30 (L.O. 13:30)
Gift: 10:00 - 22:15
Salon (Private Lounge): 10:00 - 22:15
- Holidays / Closed
463-2 Yushima, Kinosaki-cho
Toyooka City, Hyogo
- Average Price Range
Lunch: From 1,800 yen~
Dinner: From 7,000 yen~
- Payment Accepted
- Cash (JPY), credit card (accepted cards: VISA, MasterCard, JCB, Amex, Diners, China UnionPay), QR (Line Pay, Alipay, Wechat Pay, PayPay, docomo d払い)
- Distance from_Station
- About a 15-minute walk, 950 meters
- Language Support
- Limited availability of English speaking staff
- Number of Seats
- 31 Seats (Counter seating for 17 and table seating for 14)
- Private Dining Rooms
- Smoking / Non-smoking
- Completely non-smoking
- Space / Facilities
- Counter & table
- Course / Sets
- Seasonal Menus
- Japanese sake, wine, shochu, beer (incl. local beer), soft drink
- Local seafood, meats and vegetarian Japanese-style cuisine prepared in a live kitchen with a Japanese "irori" cooking hearth.
- Menu Languages
- Japanese, English
Sanpou Nishimuraya Honten, a unique Japanese-style dining restaurant, gift boutique & salon lounge, prides itself on cuisine made from local ingredients that represent the seasonal flavors of Tajima (Northern Hyogo Prefecture).
Counter seating surrounds a traditional Japanese “Iriori” (traditional cooking hearth) forming an impressive focal point in the middle of the restaurant – where many colorful cuisines are prepared. Limited table seating is also available.
Enjoy dishes cooked by the charcoal fire in the irori with Japanese techniques bringing out their beauty and seasonal flavors.