Toyooka city, located in northern Hyogo Prefecture along the Sea of Japan, consists of 6 towns, each with their own special offerings. Toyooka boasts a wide range of activities made possible by the various geological foundations of the area. Here you can enjoy mountains, valleys, rivers, natural hot springs and beautiful beaches all within 30 to 40 minutes of each other. Below you will find information on each of the towns, local tours and sample travel iteniraries designed to help you plan your next trip.
The Towns of Toyooka
- Nestled in a valley, surrounded by mountains and sea, this hot spring town is filled with the tradition and culture of old Japan. LEARN MORE
- Takeno is a beautiful little town located next to the Sea of Japan. Takeno’s life and presence can be found all along the coast, around the Takeno river, and into the mountains LEARN MORE
- The mountain region is in close vicinity to Kinosaki and includes the Kannabe Highlands. Visitors can enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities all year round. LEARN MORE
- Toyooka City is also nick-named the “bag city” because it is Japan’s largest producer of bags. Here you can find many locally owned cafes, restaurants, and boutiques. LEARN MORE
- Izushi is a castle town that flourished during the Edo era, about 200-300 years ago. There are several fine displays of traditional architecture found throughout the town. LEARN MORE
- Located to the east of Toyooka, is the countryside of Tanto. Famous for its tulips, Tanto is a village in the countryside with rich natural surroundings. LEARN MORE