At Nishimuraya Honkan, you'll experience a classic Japanese inn. Here, you'll enjoy spacious Japanese tatami mat rooms with a private bath and/or garden view.
This experience includes guided tours of the stylish architecture of Nishimuraya Honkan and the kitchen. English-speaking staff will introduce you to the unique features that make this space so special, including the garden and museum collection, as well as the kitchen.
Guided Tour of the Ryokan
There are 6 styles of rooms to choose from:
Kangetsu Japanese Style Suite (Hiratakan Annex)
Located in the Hiratakan annex, this room features patterned transoms, large shoji paper walls, and a porcelain open-air bath. The large sixteen tatami mat room accommodates up to six guests.
Horai Japanese Style Suite (Hiratakan Annex)
On the second floor of the Hirtakan annex, Horai suite features two main guest rooms (twelve and six tatami mats), a small living room, and a Japanese cypress wood open-air bath. You will enjoy a view of mountainside shrouded by trees.
Hatsune Japanese Style Room
Hatsune features a private open-air bath and garden. Enjoy a relaxing soak in the heated outdoor bath after an in-room privately served dinner, then unwind in the terrace room as you admire the splendid garden.
Asuka Japanese Style Room
Asuka features a private garden and open-air bath. The generous ten tatami-mat sized room provides all of the space needed to indulge your need for leisure and relaxation. A great choice for couples.
The uniquely patterned rock garden extends into the open-air bath. The generous ten tatami-mat sized room provides all of the space needed to indulge your need for leisure and relaxation.
Matsu Japanese Style Suite
Matsu offers spectacular, sweeping views of the Nishimuraya Honkan Japanese garden from the second floor. Beyond the impressive views, the large room can accommodate up to six guests.
Futama (Traditional Superior Room)
Japanese style rooms looking out onto the Nishimuraya Honkan center courtyard, featuring a lush Japanese garden. This is a simple and comfortable, yet painstakingly detailed traditional Japanese-style room.
This larger version of the standard Japanese-style room features a six tatami mat and a ten tatami mat room, for added comfort and extra space. This is a perfect option for larger families or groups of up to six people.
A Beautiful Kaiseki Japanese Dinner
- REGISTRATION START
- REGISTRATION ENDS
- RESERVATION DEADLINE
- 14 days before activity
- ACTIVITY OPTIONS
- Plan A: Kangetsu/Horai
- Plan B: Hatsune/Asuka
- Plan C: Matsu/Futama
(Some times may differ)
12:30 - Arrive at Kinosaki Onsen Station
• Take the complimentary shuttle bus to Nishimuraya Honkan
12:50 - Arrive at Nishimuraya Honkan
13:00 – 14:00 - Nishimuraya Honkan Tour
• Staff explains the features of the garden, exhibition collection, etc.
14:00 - Check into Nishimuraya Honkan
• Relax in your room (Kangetsu, Horai, Hatsune, Asuka, Matsu, or Futa)
14:30 – 16:00 - Free time
• Recommended: Enjoy the Nishimuraya Honkan bath
16:00 – 16:15 - Kitchen Tour
16:15 – 18:30 - Free time
18:30 - Dinner (authentic Japanese kaiseki cuisine)
• English-speaking staff explains the menu
20:00 – 22:00 Free time
• Recommended: Enjoy a walk around Kinosaki Onsen wearing yukata from Nishimuraya Honkan (included)
Morning - Breakfast and checkout
• Each guest will receive an original hotel souvenir upon checkout
- ACCOMPANYING GUIDE
(INCLUDED OR NOT)
- MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE
- AGE REQUIREMENT
- MEETING PLACE
- Nishimuraya Honkan, 469 Kinosakicho Yushima, Toyooka City
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
• Minimum 2 participants required to book
• Please pay bathing tax (150 JPY) at reception when you check in
• Room selection subject to availability
Choose between 3 room plans:
Plan A: Kangetsu/Horai
Plan B: Hatsune/Asuka
Plan C: Matsu/Futama
(Per person unless otherwise noted)
Number of People Participating in Total Price per Adult (Plan A) Price per Adult (Plan B) Price per Adult (Plan C) Price per Child (Plan A) Price per Child (Plan B) Price per Child (Plan C) 2-6 people 67,392 yen 54,432 yen 62,208 yen 47,174 yen 38,102 yen 43,546 yen
- INCLUDED IN THE PRICING
- Nishimuraya Hiratakan annex stay with a garden view, seasonal kaiseki dinner with Tajima beef, breakfast, complimentary pass to public hot springs, complimentary access to hot spring baths of Shogetsutei
- CANCELLATION FEES
Day of Cancellation Cancellation Fee (% of activity price) The day of 100% The day before 50% 2-14 days before 20% 15+days before 0%
- ACCEPTED PAYMENT TYPES
- Pay by credit card (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, DC) via an activity confirmation link in an e-mail that we will send to you following your reservation. Please pay the amount by 3 days prior to the activity at the latest. If not paid by then, the activity reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- OPERATOR NAME
- Nishimuraya Honkan