- ITINERARY LENGTH:
- 3 DAYS & 2 NIGHTS
- Explore the seaside town and beaches of Takeno. Takeno is only 1 train stop north of Kinosaki and is known for its pristine beaches and crystal clear waters. Take a sea kayak tour along the coastal waters and enjoy a BBQ with Takeno's eco-tour.
|Sea kayaking||Sea side BBQ||Hike Nekosaki Peninsula|
|Beautiful Takeno Beach||Visit Kinosaki's 7 hot springs||Stroll the town in a yukata|
|Stay in a ryokan||Self-guided bicycle tour|
- Day 1
- Arrive in Kinosaki and spend the day relaxingLeave Kyoto by express train to Kinosaki Onsen. Spend time exploring the many fascinating shops in Kinosaki. Then, you can take the Kinosaki Onsen Ropeway up halfway to Onsenji Station, where you can visit the Onsen-ji Temple. Afterwards, you can hop back on the ropeway to go up to the top of the mountain. From there you can sip coffee while enjoying the view, or try your hand at throwing small discs (kawarake) at a target located just off the mountain. Other available activities include a straw craft workshop (1 hour) and cycling around Kinosaki on a bicycle rented from SOZORO.
- Spend the night in your ryokan, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere and a delicious dinner.
- Day 2
- Take the train to Takeno Beach in the morningStart off the day with breakfast in your ryokan, followed by strolling through Kinosaki Onsen. Afterwards, take JR train from Kinosaki Onsen Station to Takeno Station. Once you arrive, you will begin the eco-tour. This includes BBQing near the beach and geopark sea kayaking. You can paddle around in a sea kayak with a Takeno Geo Canoe, exploring the scenic views of San’in Coastal Geo Park. The water is calm and crystal-clear!
- Explore the seaside town and beach in the afternoonAfterwards, you have free time to walk or bike around the area. You can hike the Nekozaki Peninsula, see the Hasakari Rock, view the Yodo Cave, and visit Kirihama Beach. There are many places in the area to explore! Then, take the train back to Kinosaki Onsen Station for time to visit the public hot springs while wearing yukata. Have dinner at the ryokan.
- Day 3
- Explore nearby areas on bicycleHave breakfast in your ryokan before heading out to explore more of Kinosaki. Afterwards, choose between two self-guided tours you can take using a rental bicycle. One option is to go for the Nature & Stork Sanctuary route. You can bike past the Hachigoro Toshima Wetland, where you can spot the famous Oriental White Storks in their natural habitat. Also, you can visit Genbudo Park, and see magnificent caves made of hexagonal pillars that formed as the result of a volcanic explosion. Have lunch at the Genbudo Museum right nearby.
- Another area to visitThe other option is to bike in the River & Port area. On this route, you can bike to Kehi Beach, Tsuiyama Fishing Port, and past the Maruyama River. During the spring and summer months, you can enjoy swimming in the ocean at Kehi Beach, as well as BBQing. See the sea life and have lunch at Kinosaki Marine World. In mid-afternoon, leave Kinosaki Onsen by express train back to Kyoto.