- ITINERARY LENGTH:
- 6 DAYS & 5 NIGHTS
- Capture moments at picturesque spots (temple leaves, sea of clouds, dragon palace, and more) 🍁
|Kyoto Sightseeing||Kinosaki Ropeway||Kinosaki Onsen|
|Mt. Kuruhi Sea of Clouds||Genbudo Caves||Oriental White Storks|
|Izushi Castle Town||Dodan-Tsutsuji||Dragon Palace & Kinosaki Marine World|
|Kannabe Highlands||Osaka Sightseeing & Shopping|
- Day 1
- Kyoto SightseeingArrive at Kansai International Airport. Visit Togetsu-kyo Bridge, Arashiyama, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Golden Pavilion, etc.
- Day 2
- Kinosaki RopewayDon't miss a view of the entire town, as well as the 11-Headed Kannon Bodhisattva in Onsenji Temple on the way to the top (only viewable once every 33 years until April 2021).
- Kinosaki Onsen-Hopping in YukataKinosaki Onsen, a town which has been awarded two Michelin stars, has seven outdoor bathhouses. Visitors who stay in a ryokan receive a pass to enter all 7 and yukata in which to walk around while in town!
- Day 3
- Mt. Kuruhi Sea of Clouds Tour (October - December)From the summit of Mt. Kuruhi, which is 567 meters above sea level, you can see not only the streets of Kinosaki Onsen, but also the Sea of Japan and the Maruyama River. In early autumn mornings, a fantastic landscape of the sea of clouds flowing into the Sea of Japan may appear.
- Genbudo Museum & ParkThe Genbudo Caves are a natural monument, consisting of caves that formed over 1.6 million years ago from the magma of a volcanic eruption. In front of the caves, there is the Genbudo Museum, where you can see displays of precious stones such as gems and fossils collected from all over the world.
- Oriental White StorkThis stork that once disappeared from Japan’s skies right in Toyooka has returned to the skies thanks to the city’s efforts. There are over 200 oriental white storks living in the wild today, and more that can be observed in captivity.
- Izushi Sara Soba LunchSoba in Japan is usually served in a large dish. But Izushi soba is traditionally served on small plates, a single serving consists of 5 plates. There are about 50 soba noodle shops in Izushi that showcase this interesting serving method.
- Izushi Fall Foliage WalkA castle town popular for its nostalgic atmosphere, Izushi has a townscape that is reminiscent of the Edo era. There are many gorgeous photo spots scattered throughout town, including red torii gates, castle ruins, a samurai house, and a Kabuki theater.
- Dodan-Tsutsuji (mid-November)Ankokuji Temple is famous for its colorful autumn leaves called dodan-tsutsuji in the back garden. Through the main hall, these leaves can be seen beyond the tatami room, making the scene look like a living painting.
- Day 4
- Dragon Palace & Kinosaki Marine WorldThe Dragon Palace out on the Sea of Japan is an Instagram-worthy spot known to few overseas tourists. Visitors can also enjoy dolphin and sea lion shows at Kinosaki Marine World nearby.
- Kannabe HighlandsAn area full of nature, the Kannabe Highlands features the crater of the oldest, but extinct volcano. Kannabe is popular for snow activities, but in the fall, one can see a row of gorgeous ginkgo trees for beautiful photos.
- Day 5
- Osaka Sightseeing & ShoppingSpend the last of your trip sightseeing around Osaka like USJ, Osaka Castle, Tsutenkaku Tower, Shinsaibashi, and more.
- Day 6
- Depart from Kansai International AirportFly back home from Kansai International Airport.